Niece Sara has said I must write about my Laughter Yoga class at the Hennepin County Library yesterday - one time class, free! The blurb said: "Laughter is the best medicine....an hour of fun and yoga to relieve your stress. Bring a mat or towel".
First - I went to the wrong library - the Southdale Library in Edina NOT the Edina Library in Edina.
Next - was only a couple minutes late. The instructor is a gorgeous 23 year old barefoot in yoga pants and tight t-shirt with a roomful of "elders" many more elder than me.
Activities - we were set loose to walk up to anyone and everyone, laugh very hard, shake both their hands and move on to the next.....Modified chicken dance - I know the chicken dance and we had no music except the hohohohahaha sounds we made....pretend it's raining and smack your lips and smile while trying to catch the imaginary drops in your mouth.....entire hour to be spent with a smile or laugh on our faces..at the end did on the floor meditation (lights off) to relieve the stress in our cheek muscles..not kidding about that! Some of the people could not get down on the floor and others had a hard time getting up.
Lastly, a gray-haired lady with a goofy t-shirt said softly and demonstrated how to say "happy" in sign language then topped it off voicing her concerns about the people in the class who coughed and then shook hands and the great chance of germs...she then demonstrated how to cough in your sleeve.
After being in other countries with mad cow disease (England), Avian flu (Thailand), and most recently swine flu aka H1N1 in Italy I was not concerned with these little coughs. It seemed like other people might be running to the door to escape to their hand sanitizer.
I decided I do not have a problem laughing on my own - never have - hopefully never will!
On to my next adventure.....
Heh heh! We should start our own laughing yoga class. I will happyily make a fool of myself every day.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds pretty goofy!
ReplyDeleteIt's not heh heh - it is while smiling widely: hoho - hahaha and you clap five times along with it also while marching throughout the room. A lot of people know why I don't chew gum - can't talk, can't drive - have a limit to the number of things I can do successfully at one time.
ReplyDelete