This is the email update I sent to all friends and family just now:
Good
evening! If you don’t understand ask me please!!!!!
So
my excellent update from today:
Everyone
is so excited and I ran into a church choir person at the flower market and
after that got calls from both of our pastors! I told them I was so
thankful to all – church, family, friends – for all the prayers and good
wishes, phone calls, texts, emails - sent all the time and that kept up
my positive outlook.
I
finished chemo #6 of 6 on April 30, had followup CT scan on April 22, followup
Dr. Argenta call this morning and it was not fun waiting the 4 days for the
update but that’s life!
Notes
from the call and the online mychart document:
He
says: Scan looks great! Belly looks good! Nothing new seen aka no new
metastases or tumors!!! He says he hopes for me to continue into
old age or until old age “burns my butt” (yes, his words)!!!
I could travel tomorrow if it wasn’t for the COVID stuff. CA125 is now
down to 118 and the slow downward trend is not worrisome and is sometimes seen
in these tumors and and not too important if flat or going down which mine is.
I
will have a routine follow-up lab and doctor appt in 3 months (JUST LIKE AMY😊😊)
Plan:
of 3 options:
1.
Do nothing
2.
New drug just approved last week for ovarian cancer like mine called a PARP
inhibitor but is used in people that have the positive genes which I do not.
3.
FOR ME: Anti- Hormonal treatment – “pretty nice” will stop cells
from returning – not as potent as chemo but better choice.
So I
will be on anti-hormone treatment which may be more responsive and less
“toxic”. It is used in breast cancer and it is extrapolated that for certain
people like me it will work!!!. It is likely to help and won’t slow me
down and if it works will continue😊. The drug is called
Letrozole and I pick up the prescription tomorrow.
Also
neuropathy finger/foot/leg pain will continue to improve and could take up to
one year. Hair will come back – different times for every person.
SO HERE ARE A COUPLE "FLOWER PHOTOS" - MORE LATER! And of course I made a new face mask with a French/Italian/Wine them - ready to fly again when things open up!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment