I'm TRYING to get back to my usual walking routine although less time and slower!!! Yesterday I walked 2.4 miles to look at our church flower garden a little over a mile from our house. So today checking google maps I decided I could ramp it up and walk to the Japanese garden supposedly 1.4 miles from our house. It's beautiful in the spring and and always and I think I've posted this before but this awesome professor when as a late 30-something mom of two little kids decided to go back to college was super encouraging. I did end up at the UofM with a nutrition science bachelor's degree as I reached 40 years old! And there are slight inclines on the walk and I wasn't sure I could make it but did and I get to half a block from our house and Ross is waiting on the sidewalk a little worried. He had texted me about 20 minutes before and I told him where I was and it took a little longer at the slow place. Bless this man's heart!
The college buildings are in the background: Normandale CollegeDaughter Jenny says I look about 6'3" and almost as tall as the blooming tree! Great picture as far as I'm concerned. I had my Samsung health walking app going and I heard it say often "Workout paused....workout resumed" as I need rest stops a little more often. Then "One mile to go - you can do it" as I have it set for 3 miles and actually did 3.29!!!
We celebrated Mother's Day Saturday evening and my mom who died in 2010 loved getting matching shirts and this was in 2006. What a blessing this fun mom was to everyone!!!
She was so excited to be visiting us the day Alex was born. My Dad died in 1985 about 15 months after my brother died from leukemia. Heart attack from a broken heart I would guess.And me a few months old on the family Schultz farm with my mom and dad - she was 20 and he was 25 and just out of the US Navy.
And Alex was the lucky great-grandchild to meet Ross' mom Dorothy when he was just about 2 years old. He could say Grandpa Pete but couldn't say Dorothy so he called her Grandma Pete. They both died a little over a year later but she's still Grandma Pete!
Me in January 1974 with firstborn Chris when we stayed at least 4-5 days in the hospital unlike now less than 24 hours or so.
And I'm a travel and history nerd so I listen to travel podcasts while I walk and this one was on France and Joan of Arc. We did visited Rouen, France in 2004 and saw where she was burned at the stake at 19 years old during the France-England Hundred Years war and dressed as a man and led the French Army to win in Orleans, France but didn't go so good after that. This was on 13 May 1431 (not a typo) and she was canonized as St. Joan of Arc on May 16, 1920 - so 100 years ago this week.
And I made the decision to cheat a little as we haven't had a family dinner since December 24 and I started chemo on Dec. 26. We had "masked visits" and "distancing" visits but I said we are going to have happy hour, dinner, dessert and game night. It was very much needed for all of us with all we have been going through. Also we are all very careful about the self-quarantine stay at home order!
And as usual someone always says "What about a goofy picture?"
A friend sent me a photo of her today with wild hair sticking out all over so I sent this one back to her with the same expression she had. I'm calling it the "No Hair Scream"! I kind of feel like this as I wait for the April 22 CT scan to see if the 6 rounds of chemotherapy for the ovarian cancer worked. Prayers and fingers crossed!
Awesome Mother's Day notes as always - I am lucky and blessed.
And today 12 May 2019 we were in Pamplona and Ross was lucky enough to be able to play the organ in the Pamplona, Spain Cathedral after the service while the organist and a choir lady sand "Amazing Grace" in Spanish. What a lifetime experience that was.
Why do we have this load of mushrooms in the backyard flower bed this year - never before so I'm wondering what's under it and no - we will not be having mushroom soup.
And yesterday's walk to our Normandale Hylands United Methodist Church flower garden - about 1 mile from our house.














No comments:
Post a Comment