Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Genetic Testing - Good News!



I think I told you I had agreed to research information and genetic testing at no cost to me to see if kids, family, grandkids are at risk.
THE EXTREMELY “GREAT NEWS” as she called it:
The genetic counselor called last Friday and they tested a total of 164 genes with a lot of vials of blood drawn several times!  There was no mutation found in any so no risk for other types of cancer from genes and I can’t pass anything down to kids/grandkids from me anyway. Of course that is no guarantee of a non-genetic kind but this is good anyway!!!  
Now I just sit and wait until the 5/22 CT scan followup post chemo and the 5/26 doctor call so fingers crossed.
And yes a little over 7 months ago we were in South Africa and I WANT TO TRAVEL AGAIN...NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment