Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2020

C=Cancer, Chemo, COVID, Chaos and What's Next????

Today is 6 months since my surgery for ovarian cancer, 35 days since end of chemo and what a 6 months it has been!!! Curfews are being lifted, COVID still strong and the first case in MN was 6 March 2020 and today we have 26,273 cases and 404 newly diagnosed today and 29 new deaths, 1115 total deaths. So the good side of life is cities are getting more peaceful protests, I am regaining my strength, and in the last 6 months daughter-in-law Amy celebrated her 10 year cancer free anniversary, our granddaughter who is almost 13 said she would like to spend the whole summer with us in MN, I get a text from Amy this morning asking if I'm up for her popping in for coffee - YES - and we had one hour and could have talked all day. And she checks to see if I have any hair returning on my chemo bald head - not much! So I say every day look for the blessings and they will be seen - and keep praying for peace and healing!!!

I am back to walking and about 2 miles "or so" and yesterday I saw this huge turtle a block or so from our house digging a "nest" but it was sitting there not moving at all!  I thought it was a problem so stared for a while, then walked away and turned around and it was digging again.  The turtle was sheltering in place to be safe from me and pretending it wasn't a turtle but just a big rock!!!
 Backyard right now and as I sat with Amy out there this morning I counted my planter pots - 6 deck planter boxes, 4 smaller ones, 2 big driveway pots, 1 window box, 8 hanging plants and 4 round deck pots - holy moly!  Because of my chemo and the COVID of course we had to skip our trip on the Danube with our travel buddies in June so I wouldn't have planted more than a couple but times changed!.  I say make hay while the sun shines!!!
 I like the grill a lot better now than 2 days before my surgery!
 And 3 December one day before my surgery I made my usual trip with Amy for her MRI check - and it was a big 10 year anniversary with the doctor who walked in with the hats and paper lei around his neck.  How awesome is that???
So since our daughter is a 911 dispatcher in Anaheim and also on their SWAT team she will be working 9 days in a row with 2 of them SWAT duty during the protests - bless her heart and it turned out to be pretty peaceful and hope that continues around the country.  And I certainly do understand the protests as what happened in Minneapolis should not have happened!!

No comments:

Post a Comment