Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year 2020!!! Day 6 after Chemo #1

Happy New Year 2020 and I'm ready to kick the cancer butt!!!!  Awesome way to start the year when my college friend Dara and family from Lebanon (the country not the city in Ohio😄) popped in for a super visit.  It was so great to meet her husband and 3 kids all now in their 20s.  In the late 1980s in college internship together I was the "mom" as I was at least 15 years older than everyone else in my late 30s with two kids about 7 and 9 years old at home!  What was planned as a 20 minute visit was so much fun that it lasted a couple hours and I didn't even get tired.  Of course my golden orange hair was the top sight!  Seriously I know I'm just 5 feet tall and I did have slippers on and Dara had shoes with little heels so gimme a break:)  She has a most awesome family and many life experiences that we cannot imagine.
 Yesterday I get this beautiful orchid from Dara and family delivered - 3 ice cubes a week it says so that should be easy.
 Top of the photo is daughter Jenny, Dara on the right and another classmate and her little girl on the left.  I guess since I couldn't go far with 2 little kids our house was the party and game house.  Dara remembered a "chopstick" game and when daughter Jenny called tonight she said "Mom you mean Pick up Sticks game, right?" - yup got it!
 6.5 years ago and 3 of the college girlies
 And June 1987 graduation day and it was pretty darn exciting for me especially as my goal was to graduate by 40 years old.  Made it pretty close!
 Another beautiful bunch of fresh flowers yesterday from our travel buddies Greg and Linda - beautiful, smell good and our house is starting to look like a floral shop!
 And in the Christmas card from my high school friend Beth are 2 needlework ornaments that show the sign for ovarian cancer which I only recently learned about.  I know the pink ribbon for breast cancer from other people's experiences and of course life always holds a new welcome or unwelcome adventure.
And the bottom line is 6 days after the first chemo and each day I am feeling better and in looking at the list of symptoms after chemo I have had a "few" and I think I'll be better prepared mentally for the next round.  We'll see and I'd rather have a "fight it" mentality than get depressed about it - so there ya go!

No comments:

Post a Comment