Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig! Sand to Snow......

Sunday 12 January 2020:
Since I lived in Southern California with roommates in 1968-69 as the experience of a lifetime😀 I still see my roommates - and yes they were girls not guys and we were pretty prudish compared to others around us.  We even went to church on Sundays.
Jan - born and raised in California and still there and we see each other almost every time we go out there.  Conversations are getting normal for our age - bad knees, pain and now for me cancer and chemo and hair going away!  Rooke is in the background doing one of 3 puzzles.  We finished 2 but the 1000 piece "Cupcake" puzzle didn't quite get finished - dang!
Yes - the giggling continues and the guys are always good sports and listen and chat and know each other after all these years.
Next stop of course is the daily dose and one of my favorite places.  We had one 5 minutes from our house for a few years but it closed - how could they?????  Rooke also reminds me every day about the ice cream stop or making sure we have ice cream in the condo freezer - yes we always do!
Daughter Jenny drove us all over and we drove up the hill from the condo in the city of Capistrano and found a little public park with this overlook - holy cow.  Then Ross is checking the home values online and how much some were selling for.  Hmmmm - 2-4 million dollars so guess we won't be moving there anytime soon and they look like "regular" homes but of course with a view!
Sunset on our walk for the 3rd time to the best Mexican restaurant less than 2 blocks from the condo and did we luck out thanks to daughter Jenny for reserving this place.

Walked in and I saw a table against the wall so I pointed to it and we sit down and I guess it was Nixon's favorite table as he lived just a few miles south of here.  I kind of ignore all the crazy politics and I did think this table was pretty fun and there are many framed photos all over the restaurant of him and his family.
No matter how much of my hair falls out the creepy golden betadine solution yellow seems to like to stick around.  And Jenny was right:  Noone in California even looked at it so I really fit in well.
This is a photo from my trip last June to pick up Rooke and I do have a lot of white hair but it should be back by late summer so we'll see what turns up.
Landed at MSP , taxi home 8:30pm and it was snowing like crazy and the guy driving us drove nice and slow and when he was SLOWLY pulling into our driveway with the snow and ice I'm thinking "he's not going to make it up the slope" and he didn't and I don't think he was used to this weather stuff.  We would just back down a bit, hit the gas and roar up the driveway right???  So we get out with our bags at the end of the driveway and roll them up to the garage door.  Memorable experience once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment