Two of six chemos now done and my friends all say you are 1/3 done now - yes - I'll take that.
- Went way better than the
first one because now it is 6+ weeks after the big surgery instead of the
3 weeks. I can tie my own shoes, I can roll over as needed and
incision pain is nearly gone! And I didn’t have to get there at
5:30am for the port placement which makes it much easier to infuse and
take blood for labs!
- Labs all good so far thank goodness as I started out in good health. CA-125 which tests the cancer antigen in your blood – so 11/14/2019 before anything it was 971, after surgery 12/26 was 242 and yesterday before chemo was 171 which was the results after chemo #1. Next chemo Feb 10 with labs and doc appt will show what the chemo #2 did. Going the right direction!!! A friend asked what was a normal CA-125 and it is usually less than 46 so keep on going I say!!!
- I actually got bored and antsy this time sitting in the chemo chair but thank goodness I had Sprite, salted nut rolls, free cookies from the place, my journal, travel podcasts on my phone and best of all the 193 page puzzle book I got from Jenny for Christmas which are supposed to lower your brain age so I think since I totally finished the first one and started the 2nd one I might be now 5 years younger than yesterday morning!
This is a very good medical center but of course I would rather not need it but thankful that it's so close to home!
I'm ready!!! Sprite, snacks, Ross knows where the free chips and cookies and beverages are and I sat for about 5 hours in this chair and I did get a little antsy.
This is the day before Thanksgiving and yes I had a LOT of hair as usual so it has taken me a bit of time to get used to losing it all but that's all part of the treatment and it's a minor thing.
And this was yesterday and the day after chemo is purple, warm, flushed face, baldy head and now today the flushed face is gone but at least with my good notes I was prepared. I really needed to do the goofy face thing instead of the serious face!
And "winner winner chicken dinner" I finished the first Brain Games Puzzle to "lower my brain age" so the cover says. I left the chemo place 5 years younger I am sure and it does pass time. Thanks to daughter Jenny for the great gift along with all the crocheted hair beanies!






No comments:
Post a Comment