Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Celebrate! Celebrate!!! Amy's 10 year cancer free!!!

After the super awesome celebration for Amy's 10 year cancer free anniversary last night I'm ready for my 2nd chemo tomorrow.  She is a role model, a miracle and has a fighting spirit and is for sure my inspiration.  
I think there must have been about 70 people at the event and this cake was so darn good I ate two big pieces.  And Amy's dad, mom and sister took care of everything and told me just to show up!
Son Chris has been through a lot in his life but he's a pretty tough guy and it was a happy night for all - big smiles and since they had shared my new cancer experience with all their friends and hockey families I got a lot of hugs and good wishes - how awesome is that.

Yup - baldie but I'm used to it however since it's winter in Minnesota I always have a beanie as my head gets pretty darn cold and beanies feel really good even when I'm sleeping.
I got a most awesome gift from Ross' brother and sister-in-law Preston and Debbie and this bag was FULL of anything I need and it's packed and ready for my 2nd chemo tomorrow - puzzles, anti-nausea armbands, my book, Salted Nut Rolls and candy - ready to roll!




And looking back 10 years ago when Amy had to learn to walk again and Lucy was not even 2 years old and now she's almost 12 - MIRACLE!!!!
So I am pretty darn calm and relaxed and ready to get on with it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment