Thanks to all of your for checking in on me so often and praying too. I actually got 5 phone calls today, Jenny, Amy, Molly, Brian and our travel friend Linda so I’m on a break the rest of the day. They are updating others so that helps a lot.
I’m doing pretty darn good!
Amy had a super update for me as she has heard a lot of this stuff before; as did Ross because they were all (Chris, Amy, Ross) in the “consult room” after surgery with the doctor/surgeon and they were all impressed. During the surgery a nurse would call Ross on his cell phone with updates. So far I have 2 ovaries with cancer, some on omentum (double layer of fatty tissue that covers the lower abdominal organs) and as Ross said the 3 spots were both ovaries and omentum and low grade serous epithelial cancer – not sure about the details of that or exactly what it means. There may be other small nearly invisible ones so that’s the reason for chemo I think. Amy said he talked about starting chemo in a couple weeks so until the 8:30am follow up Dec 16 with the rest of the biopsies I don’t know more about when or what kind. But I guess Dr. A said the CT was pretty good. I have 4 laparoscopic incisions (one through my belly button) plus 3 others, after 2 hr preop, 4-5 hours of surgery and about 8 hours recovery after doing a full hysterectomy plus a couple lymph nodes at the tops of my thighs.
I had a few IVs, catheter and breathing tube down my throat I think but it doesn’t hurt at all. I thought it took an hour or so but in the recovery room when I asked Chris was time it was and he said 2:00 I could not believe it!!!
How do I feel? I do have pain the I can take 600 mg Ibuprofen every 6 hours which helps a lot and today I even ate a little bit, slept good in my own bed the last 2 nights and do get pretty exhausted and have swelling where the incisions which is expected, doing fine with the stairs.
So I hate to complain about stupid stuff but somehow the staff in surgery spilled betadine on my hair and I can't get it out! If it was Halloween I would be fine!!!
And I guess I'm fine with being Jo D when I'm in surgery!!! Can't be too picky and it could be worse!



No comments:
Post a Comment