So it's now 10 days since surgery and my hair is still this elegant Hollywood color but I have a new plan to soak it with Dawn dish detergent - info from a hairdresser!!!! Maybe in a day or two but as for now as I granddaughter Lucy always said: "You git what you git and you don't throw a fit". She says her mom said that๐
Thanks to daughter Jenny I'm stocked with a beanie that is perfect for winter weather and orange hair!!!A friend of daughter Jenny's sent this text and it was definitely my belly laugh of the day and they still says that laughter is the best medicine and I'm fine being Mrs. Claus!!!
Good morning!
Weather first: While eating my cereal the weather guy
says “it’s a tad bit chilly and it’s not even really winter yet” since I think
that is December 21?– Then he says Duluth won with a temp of -14 and a “lake
windchill” of 40 degrees!
Update:
One week out of surgery today my hair is still orange from
the spilled or dumped betadine in surgery but no one seems to have seen that
happen before☹๐. Yesterday at the clinic I got a lot
of “nice hair” “very festive” compliments – duh! Photo attached.
When I tell them what happened they say it should have been red and green for
the season. And I guess it will come out in time - patience is a
virtue!
12/10/2019 – 2:40pm appt - So….last update I thought I
was turned the good corner but yesterday and the day before I had more pain,
bruising and swelling and both Ross and I got a little “scared”. The MD
office has been good about checking in always so yesterday they got me in just
to check things out and I had an abdominal ultrasound. Results AMEN –
NORMAL FOR THE INTENSE SURGERY I HAD!!!!! This is from the call and online
report this morning: Overall findings are consistent with postsurgical changes,
mild echymotic changes (bruises – as expected), lower left side had the most
surgery so that’s why it’s more bruised, swollen and hurts the most. No
other masses, lesions, seromas, abscesses or Large hematomas (big bleeds).
I continue to be so impressed with the care!
Next followup still with Dr. A Monday morning and I know I
just have to be patient and take it easy – you know me!!!
I am really appreciating the emails, texts, phone calls and
just checking in and sharing the information with others. Nothing is
secret so if you want to share my emails I’m fine with that also.
Good news: I finished a lot of online Christmas
shopping and Ross will be dragging in boxes off the front porch today and
tomorrow.
Best of all – all the people praying for me and cheering me
on and asking if they can pray with a group I don’t even know!
Thought for the
Day:
God’s power is
greater than anything I go through
So stay warm, keep praying and I’m happy to answer any
questions!
Dee and Ross



No comments:
Post a Comment