Pages

Friday, December 27, 2019

First Chemo Done!!!!

First the fun stuff!  One of my Globetrotting Grannies sent me this photo book of the Grannies trip to Italy September 2018.  Brings back such fun memories and looking forward to the next trip!
 A day or so after surgery we got this beautiful Christmas floral piece from a couple from our church who also happen to be our neighbors and he sings in the church choir with Ross.
 Perfect gift from Amy and Chris for Christmas - perfect coffee mugs for this coffee loving gal.  Coffee is my favorite medicine!
And my forever friend Beth (and Jim) brought the perfect sign and a little fern with my favorite bird peeking out.  Friends have visited, dropped off food and keep in contact every day and it makes me feel good!!!
And on to the not so fun stuff.  Yesterday was my first of 6 chemos and I decided to take a selfie of me sitting in the chair with a view that was not quite Paris but we did luck out with a window seat and others did not!  Up at 4:30am, IV port (chunky plastic thing under the skin in upper chest) placed in surgery and I got propofol (more regulated than the Michael Jackson thing) and it sure slowly puts you out and easily come back to life.  Then on to labs, then 6 hours of chemo infusions then home so overall an 11 hour day.
 These are very enjoyable but real photos.  The only side effect of the chemo so far is "flushing" - not the toilet kind the pinky face kind and it's warm and "cheeky" and that along with my yellow betadine hair are both quite colorful!
 This is not an inappropriate picture as it's the two new incisions on my upper chest area and the lower one holds the plastic knob IV port under the skin so I won't have to get poked with a needle as long as I have this port.
 So December 4 surgery incisions and aftereffects have greatly improved as of today and now I just deal with a little achy port pain.  And I thank you all who follow my blog for updates!!!!  I would rather be showing pictures of a fun trip but this is definitely a trip of a lifetime - ugh!!!!  Next chemo is January 20 and we are still hoping to take our trip to California Jan 8-13 to see my family out there - daughter Jenny, granddaughter Rooke, brother Brian and nephew Andrew and their friends and families!  Fingers crossed and send good vibes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment