Good afternoon
Family and Friends!!
I continue to feel
like I have the best doctor!!!!
8:30am appointment;
U of M Masonic Cancer Center-
This is just clarifying what
we already knew with a lot of words!!!
MAIN DIAGNOSIS
LGSOC=LOW GRADE SEROUS OVARIAN CANCER. This is slower growing and less
aggressive than some other cancers which is good. But it is less susceptible to
chemotherapy which is not so good but still a good idea to be aggressive and
use chemo per MD.
- Positive side😊 – he said OK for California January 8, OK for Grannies
trip to France in May, OK for Danube River cruise in June – NEED TO CANCEL
29 JANUARY VIETNAM TRIP – TOTALLY FINE WITH ME AS I WAS PRETTY SKEPTICAL
ABOUT THAT ONE. He said it sounded like we live a good life😊
- Chemotherapy – he recommended this even though it may
not be as successful with the low grade which I have vs. high grade so
we’ll see, pray and fingers crossed. It could just mean more chemo
later. He said some people live decades I guess I’ll be voting in
the next election!
- I agreed to donate a little blood during
the chemo thing for research and I also will receive two $20 Target gift
cards – they will not forget that!!!
We have chosen to
continue care at the UofM instead of Methodist Park Nicollet near us so we have
the same staff and after April this group will no longer serve Park Nic as Park
Nic want their own docs. So chemo will be there and I chose to start as
soon as I can and get the dumb thing over with! I will have a intravenous
port placed in my chest and have an IV infusion six times once every three
weeks so 18 weeks total. He said the main side effects will be fatigue
and hair loss. They will leave the IV port in for a year and should not
cause problems and a “just in case” thing in case I need more chemo and if they
took it out and needed another it would have to be in a different location.
- Belly pain and bloating should be a lot better next
week!!!! YEE HAW!! The remaining left side pain is due to
closing the larger incision in the lower underlayers (muscle, fat etc)
because they are bigger than the skin opening. So I have one very
long continuous stitch inside – ugh – but that’s why I feel the pulling
type pain!
- ORANGE HAIR FROM SURG BETADINE SOLUTION😊 he never saw that before
and took a photo with his phone. And since the chemo will cause full
hair loss the goldy girl look will go away and he said insurance pays for
a free wig – hmmmm – I kind of just like the chemo hat/headband things
that I’ve seen a lot of.
- Reviewed pathology report – 6 pages long actually!!!!!:
Main
Diagnosis: Metastatic Low Grade Serous cancer – it is serous not a
typo!!
Involves both
ovaries -, fallopian tube, uterus, omentum, left pelvic sidewall (peritoneum), outer
surface of bladder, pelvic lymph nodes
Left ovarian
tumor: started here low grade serous neoplasm and moved on to other ovary
and other places
Lymph nodes: right
pelvic – in one of six nodes; left pelvic – in two of four nodes
Peritonal ascites
fluid (bloating) – positive for malignancy
So there ya
go – I’m happy to answer any question
Love to all
and keep on praying and sending those good vibes!!!
dj
Dee
No comments:
Post a Comment