Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Happy May Day 2019!!!



Spring has "sort of" arrived and right now at about 9pm it's 44 degrees outside but as we good Minnesotans say "it could be worse":):).
Yesterday was my North Branch Friend day and 4  hours 6 minutes of chatting with my high school friend Peggy - it's always so fun and we both drive about an hour to meet, catch up, listen  to each other and solve all problems!!!  Again and at least 5 times now a store clerk has sked us if we were sisters.  I'm thinking we should just giggle and say "yup fer shur" but then I tell her no and that she's not the first person to say that and that Peggy is French (Marguerite Cartier real name) and I'm German (DeVerle Schultz)!!!
 And good friend Jim, whose hobby and retirement job is bike stuff, tuned up my bike and it's better than when I bought it about 12 years ago.  I've been out practicing in the church parking lot near us.  I don't think at age 72 I'll make it on a 50 mile bike ride but maybe 5 miles.
 And the 2nd bathroom remodel photo from today and there is progress after 36 days - getting there!!!
What else??  Our California granddaughter Rooke wants to come and visit us for a couple weeks by herself.  So we can work it out and it's pretty cool that an 11 year old wants to spend time alone with two 70-somethings!!!  So we're on and I'll fly out there to meet her and fly back with her the next day and Jenny her mom will come here at the end of the 2 weeks and fly back with her.  They will be leaving our house 5 days before I host my 55 year high school reunion at our house - Deep breath you can do it girl!!!
Best of all and what keeps me calm is travelling.  So in less than 2 days Ross and I head out on "my trip" to Bilbao and Pamplona, Spain and Toulouse, France.
I have apartments, tour guides, drivers and restaurant reservations.  Our first night is at this restaurant and apparently last Friday Bob Dylan and his tour group picked up a bunch of stuff and this is the post from the owner - so cool!!!  I translated it into English!  The tour goes from March 31 to July 14 all over Europe and he's 77 years old!  Holy Moly!!!
From the restaurant owner:
Those who know me a little, know that this i will tell you, it produces a great emotion. Yesterday they called to take food to carry. 4 Pizzas, lasagna, truffle risotto, Caprese, carbonara, and bolognese. They came in a van, and they told us the destination was BEC. That fate was Bob Dylan!!! with all respect to game of Thrones, now there's a before and after for us.
PS: it was also amazing to receive (2 times) the musicians of the beach boys. Let's see if in June they come back to visit us
Next post most likely from Spain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment