Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Lost luggage but I made it to Bilbao Spain!!!

Another new adventure and it begins in Bilbao, Spain.  However first off my 22 inch 26 pound suitcase did not make it from Amsterdam to Bilbao - huh?  But it's now on the way on another flight so we'll see!    I think we've been up about 24 hours now but it's ok because we're going out to early dinner and enjoying wine I'm sure.
While we were waiting to get into the apartment we walked a little and I saw this monument and thought "that's just how I feel right now".
 So beautiful day to sit on a park bench and figure out where we are in the middle of a Spanish city.
 The architecture is just beautiful.  I have already heard about the 1936 Civil War in Spain a couple times so I do need to do more research on that for sure.

 Next stop as always - breakfast stuff and the bread smells so good I could have eaten it off the shelf but I did not want to be the Ugly American!
 Ooooh - and yes I am a retired dietitian but I love love sugar coated cereal!  And not sure what kind of milk I got but I know the wine is white.
 So when an airline looses your suitcase they give you a tiny bag called a "care collection".  If only I could travel with just think but I think they need to add undergarments and socks maybe?????
 And the apartment - old building, modern apartment and clean as a whistle.

 We even have a little balcony but I'm not going out on it for sure!
So jet lag, lost suitcase, not much of a sense of direction but we know where we are having dinner and it's a 2 minute walk and we did a trial walk because we had free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment