OK so last April we got about 20 inches of snow but this week we only got 10 inches - "only got" is a Minnesota term like "not so bad", "could have been worse" and so on.
First grandchild Alex when he was almost a year old and he was for some reason fascinated with our kitchen floor and he had his eyes open, his tongue and nose on the floor for a while. Maybe it was so clean like a mirror - I highly doubt that!And on April 15 this little guy turned 14 years old and he is sweet, polite, handsome, a good kid and still calls me "Grammy".
Ugh - 2nd bathroom remodel in a year and this is after the big teardown.
Sweet 42 year old daughter Jennifer who is having a trial run of "letting her hair go" - as for me I have had white hair for a long long time and started going gray in my late 20s just like my mom, her sister and their mother so I say it's in the genes and go for it!
A very sad day a couple days ago when a massive fire happened in Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. It is 900 years old and has sustained a few world wars but the good thing is no one died, much of the relics were saved, it was a construction fire and not a terrorist. Many of the relics had been removed the week before and all the stained glass windows, the 8,000 pipes organ, the purported Crown of Thorns of Jesus and many other things are fived. Reconstructions started immediately and I heard it will be closed for 5 years. I can't even count how many times since the 1990s that I have been in this church. This was 2017 and I went for a walk by myself and Ross was taking a rest in our apartment.
And this is not my photo but it is very sad to see and I don't know who to give credit to for this photo as there are thousands!
Now back to trip planning for Spain and France - coming up darn quick!




No comments:
Post a Comment