We've been home 3 days and hey have been filled! Our 14 year old grandson was confirmed the day after we returned so we went to a family brunch and then the confirmation. 139 eighth-grade kids and they had 2 afternoon services at this huge church. Very proud of this handsome guy and I can't believe he will be in high school next year.
I was mentally prepared for grandkids being taller than me and I'm not even "shrinking" yet.A little blurry but this is the first group of the 139.
And looking back to May 1960 when I got confirmed: 4 guys and me and there are only 2 of us still living. The one on the right in the top row drowned in a gravel pit and if I recall correctly it was a "pit party" as we called them - typical teen party with a little beer and perfect behavior!
So I travel with a 21" suitcase as it doesn't allow me to overpack and I'm fine with that. The only souvenirs we buy are magnets unless it is something we will actually use. So for me it's made in Spain cookware at a good price. Tried it and it works great and I just fill it with clothes to head home and they don't have to be clean! I did a little research on the company after getting home and in the last 5 years or so they have been owned by Vollrath a Wisconsin company in Sheboygan Wisconsin. Holy cow! Who would have thought - and it's still made in Spain!And my favorite treat of course is coffee so I got this giant pack and it actually fit also.
And moving forward - granddaughter Rooke in California texted me a few days before we left and said she'd like to come to MN and spend a couple weeks with us. Wow - love it for an 11 year old so of course it's "yes". June 28-July 14 will be full as I fly out to pick her up, stay overnight, return and she wants to see Glensheen Mansion in Duluth and make 7 trips to Mall of America. We're on!
Next up - my 55 year Lafayette High School class reunion will be at my house just like the 50th in 2014 so planning is going well for July 20 and it should be fun! I had 43 people in my class and it looks like 7 have died. All for now....back to planning "stuff"!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment