So it's 43 days until our 55 year Lafayette High School class reunion at our house just like the 50th. So far we have about 28 people and counting! We have been back from our Spain/France trip about a month now and as I look back I wonder "how do we do all this"? And then "Thank goodness we can"!!!
Father's Day yesterday and son Chris makes brunch reservations, picks us up, plans the day and it was great even though we had been out late the night before at our FAB6 friends!
Ross, Chris, Amy, Lucy (age 11), me (age unknown:)), Alex (age 14) and we did a big brunch, a toast to all and we are lucky!
I can't remember what this fancy drink was called but it came with a small side of beer.Alex at 14 is a really good teenager and rarely rolls his eyes or sighs so we'll see - so far so good!
Chris discovered we could play modern art themed mini golf on the rooftop of the Walker Art Center and it was darn fun and we tried to keep score - pretty hard playing field!
Just across the street from the walker is the Cathedral Church of St. Mark (Episcopalian) where Ross and I got married August 19, 1972 - hard to believe it's almost 47 years.
One room had huge chunks of chalk and chalkboard walls with lots of names and messages so I took the liberty of putting our Jones name on it - right in the middle.
Next up walk across the street to the Sculpture Garden which contains the famous Cherry in a Spoon and I forgot to take a photo of it because I was so in awe of this huge blue rooster.
Lucy on a "swingboard" with a metal beam theme:
Night before was our "quarterly" FAB6 dinner at our friend's house - we take turns and it's always good food, laughter and good wine and dessert! Age range is from 76 to 47 or so!
The dinner table conversations are always more than interesting and this one was a lot of talk about cremation, the size of caskets and tombstones and advance directives😀. It is hilarious and 4 of us work or worked in the medical field so we have no problems with anything like that. Jeff and Donna say they were told a casket was taken out of the side door of their house and we tried to figure out how they could do that unless they stood it upright - think about that for a minute? You would need a seat belt!A couple nights before our overnight visitors were niece Molly, Josh and the 4 sweet girls. I am so thankful to have them in our lives and I still feel sad that my brother Keith died from leukemia when Molly was just 6 months old and the youngest of 3. They call us Grammy Dee and Grandpa Ross so I feel like we are helping to fill the gap for my brother. They are now ages 10, 8, 6, 4 and it's always easy to remember if I remember just one of the ages.
I got this sign from daughter Jenny several years ago and it is still very meaningful!!!👵
Molly wanted to take a photo with Auntie Dee and Uncle Ross but little 6 year old Hazel wanted to join us. It made me happy because then I didn't look like the midget granny!!!
First question on arrival: What are we having for breakfast? What do you want? Pancakes!! duh - always the same so Hazel, Claire and I got up early and Hazel helped me make pancakes (she is named after my mom and Claire has my mom's middle name - Hazel Claire).
This is always the way it is - the grandkids and and little kids always want to sleep on the floor in our room and we got it covered - literally! Two here:
And two here and they all sleep like little logs!
May 31 - Granddaughter Lucy's 5th grade graduation and I can't believe she is going to be in middle school. Daughter-in-law Amy had a nasty brain tumor almost 10 years ago and Lucy was not even 2 years old yet. Miracles from God are real!
A few days before this - nephew Corey and family pop in for dinner and an overnighter and as usual we have "the boxes" which of course we can't yet put away because every kid drags them all out.
Little Angel (her real name) spent a while braiding my hair after dinner and she is good at it. I should have taken a photo.
The group - hard to get everyone facing the right direction and in their chairs!
25 May - Ross and I are off to buy flowers to plant and decide to visit the old Cedar Avenue Bridge which we had to cross to get to our first apartment in 1972. It's been closed for years and years and is now a bike and walking path and beautiful. It was not fun as when a tall barge went under it was a lift bridge and we would have to sit there in a row of cars waiting to get home after work.
I can't remember exactly where I got this shirt recently but I remember it was only $5 - I am frugal in some ways!
My brain is full and we love to travel and still do pretty darn good. Next up in September is a tour to South Africa and our fun travel friends will be joining us for the 3rd time. We will have a couple overnight safaris in the jungle so I hope the elephant doesn't get too close to my face when I am sleeping.
Then Ross gets to pick "his trip" as we each get to pick a trip a year and mine are usually not tours as I like to plan and do our own thing. So it Vietnam and Cambodia in February which should be very interesting. My hairdresser for 25 years now was born in Vietnam and was a refugee here as a teen so she loves the USA! I notice one of the daily "optionals" is ziplining into the jungle - hmmm - do it or not do it? We'll see and I do not live in fear!

















No comments:
Post a Comment