Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Kindergarten Then and Now

Me - probably in September 1952 when I was five years old starting kindergarten in a one room schoolhouse with a wood stove and no indoor plumbing.  I was there until 5th grade and not much changed but we did have electricity!!!
 Lucy's first day of kindergarten in September 2013.
We are so fortunate to have grandchildren!  And today we attended Lucy's kindergarten graduation and she gets a diploma which is handed to them up on stage .  The gym was packed with family, grandparents and friends.
 Another great moment when I received a Mother's Day gift in the mail from California after we returned from Budapest.  I am looking forward to the July visit with the little girl who can wait to "see you in Minisoda"!! and has a "fish named Rossy".
  Along with the letter I got homemade gifts and this painting is wonderful and deserves a special spot.
 A great gift from Amy and how true those words are.  Just so noone feels snubbed I like people in general:)
Daughter Jenny and her fantastic crochet skills - for a water bottle but hey I think it holds the Hungarian wine bottle perfectly!!!
So - summer is definitely here and so much so that we had to turn on the air conditioning - I don't really want to complain after all the complaining about our long and horrible winter.
So life continues on at a rapid pace as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment