Yes, we graduated from high school 50 years ago this month and I now have our "fight song" in my head: "We are the Eagles, mighty mighty Eagles, everywhere we gooooo, people wanna knowwww, who we are - so we tell them"......then repeat!!! Today Peggy, Judy and I met in North Branch MN, a little over an hour for each of us to drive. This was to plan the reunion - which we did for about 20 minutes - the other 4 hours were spent talking, laughing and having lunch. I just love my friends!!!!
Since it was an outlet mall we went shopping and decided this was the perfect "top" for Judy for next month's class reunion to be held at my house. Hmmmm. she didn't think so!The have the greatest cards at the lunch cafe so I got this for my brother's upcoming birthday and the woman looked a bit familiar to me so I came home and looked through my old family memento stuff - see next photo!!
My great great Grandma Schultz born in Germany died in 1924. Hair parted in the middle, "sturdy" look on the face and all that's missing are the angel wings and the hoop earrings on the card! I think I have a new use for my old family photos!!!
This year we ended up not having a leftover bike for Alex and Lucy also can now ride a real bike. After unsuccessful trips to thrift stores and garage sales we went out and bought 2 new inexpensive bikes because I love to ride bike and I'm not quitting because even at 67 I'm still good at it.
After we had grandkids I started wearing a helmet to set a good example:). This also means I have done my duty and it's ok to have ice cream for breakfast when they spend the night.
We had torrential rain a day or so before the ride last week and of course Alex and Lucy loved the park ride with the muddy puddles so I just called them Muddy Butts!!
We took a picture of this and then showed the staff person at the nature center - it's a huge snapping turtle and she said it would bite our fingers off if we got too close - we didn't and my camera zooms real well!
What has been Alex's favorite thing for a while now is using the borrowed buckets from the nature center (Alex always reminds me I need my driver's license to check them out) and we skim for critters. The algae on the top is a sign of pond health. I won the prize and got the biggest crayfish or some critter.
So summer is getting crazy usual and I am now starting to only think a day or two at a time or my head spins!!
No comments:
Post a Comment