Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Budapest is Beautiful or Budapest szép

I am behind again.  We have been here a little over 24 hours, apartment is perfect as is Budapest and I haven't even posted about the "molecular gastronomy" dinner in Bucharest!  I need a vacation!
We took a hop on hop off bus tour today that passes by all the highlights and we could get off or on as we pleased.  This is us on the terrace of the Palace with the Danube River (called Duna here) and the Parliament building in the background -it's huge!
 Dinner last night was a few minutes away and I had Hungarian pizza and turned out and saw this sign - cute!  People here have been lovely about helping us with directions, supermarket stuff or anything we need.  I am very impressed.
 The guards in front of the "Office of the President" of Hungary - I really don't see how they can stand so still for so long in the sun and not make a movement of any kind.  I wonder if they ever faint?
 Ross does not like heights so he said he didn't think he would like this roofing job!!
 Our apartment building.  The apartment is lovely and much much cheaper than a hotel and we arrived to a gift of coffee, tea and a bottle of Hungarian wine on our dining table.  More pictures later but again it is total Ikea - I am very impressed with the business model that Ikea has!!!!
Before we left home I ordered online tickets for the Hungarian Folk ensemble and needed to pick them up at the Hungarian heritage House - piece of cake with help from a guide!  We have to leave in about 15 minutes to catch the metro and see the performance and I do hope they are not headless.  Should be interesting.
Much more when I have more time but bottom line is that Budapest is great!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment