Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

13 Hour Day!

Briefly - I love Romania but we had a long but great day on a 13 hour bus tour of "Two Castles a Day" one of which was Dracula's Castle in Transylvania.  I will need to regroup my brain cells to tell the stories:)
The most important things:  Traditional Romanian dessert called Papanasi - like donuts filled with cream, topped with sour cream and fruit sauce - mmmmmmm good!
 It ain't Hollywood but I do like the Brasov sign over the town - I told our bus tour guide I really like Brasov, Romania better than Hollywood.
 The view from one of the windows of Dracula's castle.  Today was the rainy day so it was a good day for a minibus tour with a great group of 16 and 3 being from the USA!!!
So after 4 days I had to wash my hair in the kitchen sink - short story - then nearly burned up my hair dryer by forgetting to change the voltage setting so I'm having a glass of Romanian wine, Romanian bread toasted and buttered and going to bed!  I'm feeling good about us because we did many flights of stairs, cobblestone uphill streets, on and off the bus and we were by far the oldest but did better than some of the younger ones!  Not bragging but just sayin' as they say in the social media:)

No comments:

Post a Comment