I stole this picture from a Facebook post but it pretty much shows how everyone feels!
I received a beautiful gift from my high school friend Beth in Arizona. She painted pictures titled "Jones Etude" both to go with our "fairly new" living room furniture and Ross' love of music. They are just beautiful and after snow delays arrived in perfect condition by UPS today - thanks Bethie!!!
Again our "quarterly meeting" of food and friends. It's been on here before but it sure is always fun and we rotate houses. Here we are again - the Fairview Girls! Lots of life and work among us:)Mike and Janelle lighting the candles to celebrate the birthdays of Ross, Jeff and Donna . Janelle likes things to be nearly perfect and I could learn a lot from her but it might be too late for me.
It was a superb homemade carrot cake and again we had to listen to Ross whine how I never bake and he can't remember the last time he had carrot cake - wah wah wah! She sent 2 pieces home for Ross but I "accidentally" ate one and had to confess. Mike says: "Poor Ross"!
We are running out of space in our front yard for the snowbanks - eek - where next?
So out of utter boredom for a few moments I replied to an email saying it was "butt freezing cold" and then I thought that sounded a bit crude but I left it and added it in German "butt eiskalt", then Googled Hungarian - butt fagyos, then French - megot froid glacial, then Romanian - cap la cap frig. Hmm it passes the time and helps me learn other languages but when would I really use this term in my travels:)??????? Last night I met some college friends for dinner - me German they mostly Swedes - so we can learn new words and talk about Downton Abbey. I finished watching the last of Season 4 today and by googling found there is a Season 5 being filmed and most likely will be a season 6!
Unten mit Winter- Down With Winter!

No comments:
Post a Comment