So this morning we have a "little" snowstorm that left about 6" of snow - so what's new?????
Back to February 11 - my friend Fran at the gate to the White Tanks Riding stables - the blue sky is unbelievable. Fran and I have know each other since about 1967 and have never lost touch no matter where the other has lived.View from the horse - we could see the skyline of downtown Phoenix many miles away. Our guide said that was unusual to have it so clear.
Downtown Mesa - clean as a whistle. Judy wanted to take my picture on this bronze pig. I threw my leg over, put my hand down and squealed - it was hot as a stovetop!
If you are ever in Phoenix visit the Arizona State Capitol building which now houses a museum of war memorabilia. There is a lot about the USS Arizona which was sunk by the Japanese in Pearl Harbor.
There is also a lot about WW II and all we did to save France from the Nazis. I remember visiting Normandy and the wonderful way people spoke of Americans.
Judy's sister arrives from Colorado to the RV and offers to take the "cab-over" bed - it's queen size:). My bed was the dining table that flipped down to hold cushions to make a very comfortable bed. It's good we all grew up sharing bedrooms with our siblings. Judy and Celeste had about 11 kids in their family growing up.Another memento from the museum - I need to remember this one for our entertaining.
Front of the RV - looks a little messy but it works just fine.
Back of the RV - not very far from one end to the other but it had everything we needed.
Our little home on Site No. 822 at Mesa Regal RV Resort which has about 2400 spaces for this type and larger more permanent "park models". I learned a lot about retirement living in Arizona.
Back at the Capitol with Judy. It is nearly 50 years since we graduated together from high school and are looking forward to our summer reunion at my house.
Back to day one - the cookie factory and 300 pounds of chocolate in a football shape.
The candy ladies dipping and swirling the biggest strawberries I have ever seen.
And now I'm planning the next warm trip to San Diego! My motto "you snooze you lose":)
No comments:
Post a Comment