Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Chinglish

I bought a little paperback in a museum in China called "Chinglish" - shows signs that have converted Chinese language to English language.  Some of these are Chinglish signs and some are "just signs".  The song that kept running through my head was "Signs, Signs, Everywhere signs..... do this, don't do that.  Can't you read the signs?" - I hope you remember the song.  Click to enlarge the pictures as usual.
First - a hospital where I did not want to find myself.

Easy to understand!

Our box lunch on the Li River cruise - fanciest box for lunch I have ever seen!

This was on the boat and it was indicating the line for the buffet for those who did not have the "box lunch".

This was at the front desk of one of our hotels - hmmmm?

Airport sign telling us where to go in case of emergency evacuation - I think!

This was by the panda bears.

I think international toilets are fascinating.

Pretty clear - don't jump out of a moving vehicle.  This was a tram we took.

This was our area to get on the MagLev high speed train - cheap tickets.

I think the tea room might be on the second floor.  Since I'm not a big tea fan I didn't check it out.

Why I would not drive in China.

I don't know where my own car would fit in - would a Honda CRV be a Light or Heavy Light Vehicle?


Not sure what this is the end of!  It was not a dead end.

I think it is garbage and recycling?

Well we all know how men pee in a bathroom, don't we?

A little strange because it was just a blank door, no windows but I did NOT dare open it.

Going out of business sale:

We were lucky and didn't need any Chinese medicine but there would be 3 or 4 of these medicine shops in each block.

Po Lin Buddhist monastery:

I would not really call this a "mansion" but that word means something different in Chinese.

Just a regular fire and ambulance place.

So - I like the signs a lot and I do like Chinglish.  Next thing when I have time is to do some "quotes" from both China and after we got home - grandkids!  They are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment