Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Minnehaha Falls was beautiful this week in spite of not much green in sight.  I remember arriving in Minneapolis at age 18 in 1965 and seeing it in the spring and it amazed me - of course remember I came from a farm on the prairie of northwestern Minnesota.  I still love the Falls.
 It was a great day for me and two long time "young" friends to have lunch by the falls.  I have known them since 1987 when I was hired for my first dietitian job at age 40.  We have been through a lot together both personal and career-wise and as I have said many times I don't know what I would do without my friends.  One of my walking friends found out this week she has cancer and is awaiting a treatment plan.  I really hate cancer.
 Lucy Day at my house today.  She really likes these rubber glasses and she was the waitress and takes my order in "cursive" which she is learning in preschool.  To me it really looked like scribbles so I think she was faking it.  So since I look for the bright in each day:  Lucy told me today that a boy can be a mom if he has long hair.  This was after she asked me whose tummy I came out of!  Then she completely changed the subject and said she wanted to go where we rode the caramels! – she meant camels.
 This week also I was able to attend a Turkish cooking class.  I have had to miss a few of them recently and the ladies miss me as much as I miss them.  This is Esra and her mom from Turkey.  Esra is sad as in a couple months she has to leave Minnesota as her husband has accepted a job in Florida.  It will be quite a change.
Spring is slowly arriving and I am hearing a lot on the news about the continued ice on the northern lakes - this weekend as usual is opening fishing day which also is ALWAYS on Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment