Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lucerne (Luzern) with a bit of rain!

Today was a self-directed day trip to Lucerne or Luzern to the Swiss.  It rained most of the day but just showers so manageable.  This is the famous sight in Luzern - the wooden covered bridge over the river from the "new town" to the "Old town".  Of course I had to have Ross pose again.
 Seriously who could wear these shoes but they are all over in the stores here.  That and a few 40 thousand dollar or more watches - holy cow.
 Hugest rhubarb I have ever seen in the market.
 In this beautiful church is a lovely play and coloring area to accommodate the children.  I have never seen anything like this but I thought it was very special.
 Perfect car - bakery, ice cream and candy store.  The first thing it brings to mind is of course my breast cancer survivor friends.
 OK so maybe I have a toilet fetish - but this is the wall on the train toilet - I thought it was pretty amazing and of course my camera is always attached to me - always!
 OK - Mr. Clean - nature calls at the train station.  2CHF is about $2 PER PERSON.  So Ross put two $1 coins in for me and they didn't work and the machine kept his money so he put 4 more in and they worked.  Seriously $6 for the two of us to pee!!!!!  We did notice further down that for males you could save .50 by using the pissoir (I'm assuming that is the urinal) - whatever - it's too much money!!!!
 Church again - this is the tomb/casket of a Saint I guess.  But if you look closely that heavily decorated skull just kind of gave me the creeps.
We have the TV on and all the international and BBC news is talking about the horrific tornadoes in Oklahoma.  Of course I am also hearing a lot about the political side of it and I won't get into that here.  I just feel very sad for those families who were touched by this.
Tomorrow off to Geneva by train for our last 4 nights.  At least it is not an early train and even though we are 3 flights up it's not bad getting the suitcases down the stairs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment