Sometimes I wonder if our brains are decrepit - or maybe just Ross':). We noticed the last couple years we would be needing new shingles so we do it! Right before we leave for Holland and Switzerland. Deja vu from less than 2 years ago...dumpster in the driveway as we leave in the Shuttle but at least the yard is cleaned up now and the new shingles look lovely.
Alex and Lucy spent Mother's Day Eve at our house and plays while she sings hear little heart out. I love my family!
This morning we got off the plane in Amsterdam and walked quite a while then looked at each other and said - hmmm - I feel like we are getting older. On we go to the train to take us from Schiphol airport to our rented apartment in Amsterdam to meet Kevin the owner. Check in, get the breakfast stuff and saw this wonderful sight in the grocery store. We are definitely in cheese country.
As we were riding the train in I noticed how all the buildings no matter how narrow seemed to have big windows - so does ours. It's a tiny apartment but has everything we need.
Since we had to wait about an hour to get in Kevin let us store our bags in the first level entry - and glory be the poor guy carried them up these stairs for us. Could it be he thought we might drop dead from the effort?
Our apartment at 4 Molsteeg is in the middle of the photo, we are one floor up and have a good view of the little busy side street with the coffee shop, falafel place and a bar.
Dam Square - I looked at these buildings twice and thought maybe I was just tired but I'm pretty sure that building is leaning.
Have to keep on my agenda so we went the the marijuana, Hash and Hemp Museum. We saw people talking to a desk person about the different "items" for sale and how one might help you sleep, another might do something else.
Yup - grow lights and these plants look very healthy.
Ran into some famous people there tending the plants!
After this we walked through the Red Light District but did not take photos as I had read that a pimp might through you and your camera into a canal. But we did see the women in the windows scantily clad. It's legal here and well controlled. To me it just seemed rather sad but that is just my opinion.
We will be conquering the public tram tonight as we head out to dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment