Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Home!

If anyone is ever going to Bordeaux I have a great recommendation for a place to stay!  Our hosts (or landlords or whatever you call them) were the loveliest people to deal with.  I sent a thank you email today with a couple pictures (of grandchildren of course) and she sent a family picture and also this picture of Chantal and Ambroise at the top of the dune I climbed.  They took us to the airport at 5am and would not take a dime!  On the way she mentioned our upcoming election in "about 6 weeks" - I grimaced a little.  I said you also have a new president so I asked her what she thought, reply:  "They talk, talk, talk about anysing but do nussing so we wait and see".  Hmmmm....sound familiar?  Chantal was raised in a home on the street where she now has lived with her husband for 30 years with other family and grandchildren not far away.  She was a nurse in a burn unit before retirement and he a social worker.
Old friends are best!  My friend Fran spent the day at our house today visiting from Washington state and Beth joined us.  44 years ago I moved to Los Angeles with Fran and another girlfriend.  Time does fly and we were brave with 3 girls in 2 cars following each other from Mpls to Denver to New Orleans, Houston, Albuquerque and finally LA.  I did not own a car so I took turns riding in each car - remember no cell phones, no specific plans and it is almost unimaginable now that this could happen and we didn't even worry about missing each other, the solo person getting lost or running out of gas!!!  
I'm glad to be home and looking forward to my Turkish cooking class in a couple days.  I often repeat my mom's favorite mantra:  Plenty of time to rest when you are dead!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment