Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bucket List!

I subscribe to my little hometown newspaper, Red Lake Falls Gazette, and it comes once a week.  One of my favorite columns recently was called "The Bucket List".  A recent survey of people facing the end of life were asked what they wished they had done more of.  One of them was not giving friendships the time and effort they deserved.  She went on to say "friends help to carry us over the bumps in our lives, are there to cheer us on to success, and give us good advice when we need advice".
Yesterday I met my high school friend Peggy in North Branch MN - about halfway for each of us and a nice hour's drive.  We managed to talk for 4 hours and just picked up where we left off talking on the plane home from Phoenix last March!  The flight attendant then asked if we were sisters.  Now my daughter-in-law Amy and Peggy's daughter both said "you look like sisters"!  Best compliment ever....I'm the tall one at 5 ft 1/4 in.  she is only 4'10" - so there you go!
A couple years ago in my hometown - by the way, it was Peggy's daughter who was at the Turkish cooking class last week.
Our class pictures - quite a change but we have both had the good fortune of being healthy.  Her hair looks about the same - as for my white hair I do notice in the picture at the outlet mall it blends right into the white paint on the buildings!  We both have frugal traits and managed to use a free mall office $5 gift card, the 10% discount for Tuesday Seniors and have lunch for both of us under $7.  It was an excellent lunch.  Can't wait to do it again.
I still need to post a little more about France but have barely had time to think about it.  When the snow flies so will the words!  I read the newspapers front to back and I noticed a very very very long obituary this week - longer than I have ever seen so I looked at the "rules" and it is $10.75 per line and there were 160 lines - that $1720 plus maybe sales tax!  That would NOT be on my bucket list!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment