Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Bordeaux, France - 10:20pm!

Made it to Bordeaux after dropping off the rental car, hefting our luggage up the hill to the Sarlat train station and then relaxing on the correct train.  Had to use the bathroom on the "regional" train - this is the knob to flush - not on the toilet but by the mirror - pretty clear though in many languages.
 Our new abode in Bordeaux - $65 a night now and Chantal and her husband met us when we rang the bell, fresh bread and treats on the counter, everything we could need for our stay including WFI and a little office.  It is still one large room divided into office, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living one - all in one room.
 My happy hour - best cheese, cheap Bordeaux wine from the grocery and French grapes.
 in the little courtyard off the bedroom are real fish in a little pond.
 Front of the building from the best side - if I took it from the other direction you would see a lot more overflowing garbage cans!
 In the "bedroom" which looks over a small courtyard is an antique motorcycle which Ross liked for his happy hour.
Walking to dinner - pretty clear what this store sells.
 I was so hungry for pizza that I researched and found this great Italian restaurant.  Since we got a tram pass for 7 days for a good deal we can go anywhere and the trams are wonderful so we got to the pizza joint and it was great.
Noticing these signs today and as far as we can translate it might say there is a grievous national strike on Monday and there is a risk that we will be perturbed - more research and update later.
Past my bedtime - stories will have to wait.  But after a day of car, train, tram, walking and 10:30 pm I am ready to call it a day but Bordeaux will be here for me in the morning!  It was in the 80s here today and I hear in NW Minn it snowed 14" but did put the terrible fires out that my brother Kent says burned about 10,000 acres.  I am pretty sure my flowers at home have frozen and that's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment