So first thing on arriving at the apartment is the explanation of the toilet by Chantal - I note there is no water tank and she is telling me toilet paper only, "nussing else" while smiling. I reassured here that I have not need nussing else for quite a while:). When flushed the water comes from somewhere and fills up then sounds like a jackhammer for a while but it does work.
Three keys to get into house and this is second door which works great as it reaches the top of my head. For a tall person with a little too much French wine may result in decapitation.Backtracking - my pizza from the other night - mmmmmm good.
Yesterday Ross needed fries (or frites in French) and where else but McD. I had the cafe au lait and a couple caneles - pastries known to this area. Only a French McD would look this good.
Toilet - top says "acces gratuit" - free - works for me. There was a line and when it was my turn I couldn't figure out how the door would close and all the ladies behind me were French speaking so I kept gesturing and pointing so they told me to come out, pushed an outside button and the whole thing gets washed down and sanitized!! Good to go - literally.
Me and Buddy Big Bordeaux - red wine gives me headaches but white Bordeaux does not so again I am good to go.
A centuries old fountain with an excellent reminder of breast cancer awareness - pink shawls on the statues and pink water coming out of the fountains was hard to miss. We took an open bus city tour yesterday and I love those - headsets speak English.
Oldest bridge - Bordeaux is 60 miles from the Atlantic ocean. This bridge has 17 arches ordered by Napoleon Bonaparte as he has 17 letters in his name. For a short little guy he had a large ego! The Garonne River is one of the cleanest in Europe but is mud brown due to rapid current and silt (mud really). Beavers were imported to France from America for a good reason but now have become a problem on this river with their frenzied building and destruction of the banks big digging holes!
Niece Sara loves this bikecar combo. Have seen a few of this and I like it a lot.
Afternoon yesterday 2nd tour of the day was a 1.5 hour BORING boat tour but this couple kept my attention - major dreadlocks and I can't figure out how it would ever get clean and undone. My friend Peggy says I could have lavendar color as accent in mine:)
From the bus tour the audioguide says this is school for the "deaf and dumb" - we never hear those words at home any more but it is where sign language had it's start - note the hand gestures on the panels.
Restaurant last night - had 7:30 reservations and of course only ones there to start - very few tables and it took 3 hours for dinner but was excellent and not too expensive. They had to turn many people away.
Back to dinner place - could not help watching the guy in the far background (not Ross) as he looked like Christopher Plummer in the old days.Dessert - a meringue with raspberry coulis (sauce), chantilly (whipped cream) on top of a meringue - beautiful!
After destructing it I ate the whole thing.
I want this radio. It's in our apartment and Chantal's husband is very proud of it. Maybe if you click you can see the names of all the international cities on the dial. Right now I am listening to an FM French music station.
It's Sunday 7 Octobre 10:45 am here and we are off to find a certain church. Son Chris is running the Twin Cities Marathon today and it is brrrrrr cold. I can track him online so will have to be back in the apartment later but I hope to also receive text updates from Amy!!! love technology....most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment