My oldest grandaughter Rooke in California turns 5 years old today - she shares my Mom's birthday and has always been very proud of that. No - this is not grandchild abuse - I just wanted a picture of her on the piano when she was a couple days old and it has become one of those pictures that stays around!!!!
A few days ago Rooke leaving urgent care with a bandaged toe - and smiling - she is quite the trooper and so darn cute. I can't wait to see what she has to say about kindergarten.2 days old and we were so lucky to be there the day she came home from the hospital - a tiny bundle of joy not even able to hold her head up yet.
My mom - a few years before she died - I often look in the mirror and am shocked at how much I look like her - more hair, same face! Happy birthday mom in heaven - she would have turned 86 today.
This is another keeper - my mom had the best attitude about life in spite of sad events that noone hopes to encounter. She also had a good sense of humor and loved to laugh.
So - I have now completed 2 days in a row at the Minnesota State Fair - Sunday was Jones Family Day and today was Dishing in the Kitchen day as a volunteer at a church dining hall with a good friend. I need to gather my thoughts and photos and complete that part tomorrow - I was gone from home 11 hours today!!! Bottom line - I loved dishing food and chatting with the never ending lines of customers....more later!

I always love opening things that have pictures of Gram in them. This made my day. I sure miss her. We were so lucky to have her as long as we did though:)
ReplyDelete