August 19 was our 40th anniversary. Somehow this picture keeps coming back to repeat itself and I still get a lot of "comments" about our attire. And yes my outfit is a 2 part thing and has shorts under it - navy blue, red trim and white stars on the rear end. Love the USA!!! First time visiting Muskogee, Oklahoma.
We had a wonderful dinner downtown. As we were seated I just mentioned to the waitress that it was our anniversary. In a couple minutes we get two glasses of champagne, a fresh long stem red rose, a handwritten card and a photo that was printed and framed. Oh and at the end much to our surprise - free dessert and coffee. Definitely a splurge but an excellent meal.
Our wedding day - Julie the friend we are chatting with loaned me her wedding dress and it fit perfectly. I found a lady in Minneapolis to make a cheap veil, I think the church ladies made little chicken salad sandwiches and a couple others things and I seem to recall it was $1.25 per person - plus the cake of course which I got a great deal on through a friend! Photographer was a workmate of Ross' and I found the cheapest place in town for invitations! I have earned my frugal tag over and over again:) but I know when to splurge - we left the church and went to Hawaii. The church was the Cathedral of St. Mark Episcopal right downtown Minneapolis and it is a beautiful place.
Yesterday we decorated our own church altar for our special Sunday and got a round of applause for the anniversary! I replicated the white and yellow of our wedding colors. Ross was singing in the men's chorus and the service was outside. For our wedding I think the men in the wedding had yellow shirts...need to dig out all my mementos.
So last Saturday our long-awaited stand up paddleboard lesson arrived. It started out at 54 degrees but it was a beautiful day and daughter-in-law Amy and I did great and had fun for the 2 hour lessons.
Chris, Ross and 2 little kids watched so as a treat we went to Pairings for lunch and it was good!
Our instructor Katie started us out by "drawing your board in the sand" and then flopped on our belly; We go to the boards, belly down then up to knees and finally standing up and balancing. Neither of us fell in but it would have been fine if we had. I'm ready for a repeat. I also told Ross that now I want to try tandem skydiving and he declined but this morning he said that if I do it he doesn't want to be left out! He is very height phobic:)
If anybody wants a great breakfast at the Minnesota State Fair on Monday August 25 please come to the Hamline Dining Hall - the oldest church dining hall at the fair. My friend Mardelle and I will be "dishing" and we have to be there by 6:30 for the 7am opening and our shift ends at 11. We have to wear red bandanas to cover our hair and will be provided with red aprons. Her sister was so jealous she wanted to be part of it so her choice was pancake flipper or "barker" - she chose barker. I think that means the "step right up for the best meal in town" person!


I want to sky dive so much. I was going to do in on my 60th BD but maybe should do it to celebrate my 65th and retirement!!!!!! We have a great place up here that specialized in tandem diving. I am in. How about you and Ross??????? Congratulations on your 40th. Kathy
ReplyDelete