Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Some things stay the same!


This is November 7, 2010 - below is April 1, 2012 - same pier, same Bapa, same kids but a little taller.
I noticed the sign and wondered if I am too old to be a lifeguard on the beach - probably and especially since I don't swim well and don't like water in my eyes:)
The berms after the overnight storm - sledding in California - sand and boogie boards and they got a lot of attention. Alex and Lucy liked racing down the hill and so did Rooke who is not at all familiar with snow.
The winds were so strong this was a whale (parts) that washed up on the beach right by us. Brian thinks it maybe was brought up from the bottom by the strong waves.
Thought of niece Sara when I saw this shirt - she and niece Carrie both own Mini Coopers - cute!
Once again the famous "night games" that I grew up with. Dark of night, little flashlights, hiding around corners but here it is palm trees.
Gotta go - Beach is callin us. Berms were taken down. It seems a huge process to put them up for one night. We also saw a few houses on the boardwalk that had sandbags even though all the houses are built up off the ground and there are no basements.

No comments:

Post a Comment