Fitness update: Went to AOASSMSROMatY this morning - 70 people in this class and that was probably the average age but it was a good Active Older Adult Silver Sneakers Muscle Strength Range of Motion at the Y class! I think I'm ready to move down to a younger group or is it an upward move?????
Heading to Oklahoma in a few days and I still miss Ross' mom, Dorothy. She died 4 years ago this week. We had been in France receiving phone calls that she was not doing well and we returned home on May 5 and she died on May 7, 2008. This is one of my favorites - her Beer Can Hat - and on the back of the picture she wrote Beer Can Hat Worn in Paris! - gotta love her! This was in 1975 - she was 65 years old, same age as me today!
So last week I had a Grammy and Lucy day and she discovers a box of Dorothy's jewelry - Alex called her Grandma Pete when he was 2 because he couldn't say Dorothy. I think Lucy made good use of a lot of the expressive items along with her own colorful attire!
Where do Lucy and I (and niece Sara and others) get our silliness? This is my mom in 2003 at a family wedding posing with a lot of hats the DJ made available.
OK - I admit that much to my surprise I have become Hockey Grammy. Alex is good and this is yesterday in a "faceoff" - until a few days ago I did not know what this word meant.
Sweet little Rooke in California - she has hair the same color as Jenny. JJ called yesterday and said they were waiting in line for a restaurant in Nevada and a young guy barfed all over her and Rooke. Rooke says "but mom, he said he was sorry"!!!!!! JJ says "at least it was clear like mostly vodka" - ugh - what you don't do in your 20s!


No comments:
Post a Comment