Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chinese Proverbs (and friends)

Quote of the Day:
Walking ten thousand miles of the world is better than reading ten thousands books.
(Chinese Proverb)
I walked 4.7 miles with a good friend this morning!
Wow - time does fly and much happens in a short time!  We have been busy as usual. 
First - as everyone knows I am now on Medicare so it's time for the Welcome to Medicare physical.  After a couple appointment cancellations, waiting while "you are the 5th" caller to make an appointment a few times and frustration I have dumped my doctor and healthcare system I have been with less than 5 years.  Going back to one I was with for well over 20 years.  My fired doc even called my home to apologize and try to get me back.  Side note:  I have not actually seen her for 2 years but have kept up on tests etc.
Great experience today with a new doctor, huge multispecialty center about 10-15" from my home, and great treatment I am off and running - and healthy to boot.  Technology:  With the computer system only a button had to be clicked to transfer my medical records from one system to another in a short time!  I can still also sit at home and look back at my old and new records as I still had the password.  It might be a health system honeymoon period so we will see!

So - since I was so happy we contacted my cousin-in-law Sue to book us on a trip to China - indeed many of the 2013 tours are already full so we have about 18 months to wait for the trip below.  Onto research - we will be there during a Chinese holiday week called "National Day Golden Week" - October 1 is National Day when the PRC (People's Republic of China" was founded in 1949), events are held in Tiananmen Square.  If you look at a product you own and it says PRC now you know where it was made!

  Chinese Proverb:  Things is good when new, friends when old". 
  Had a great dinner with old friends the other night.The next night I made an old recipe from Jeff the friend and the date and his initials at the bottom indicated 1994 - good old friends!
Asking for continued prayers and continued good news for daughter-in-law Amy who has the next followup MRI next week. 
Heading to Muskogee OK next week for a get-together of some of Ross' classmates who turn 70 this year.  Wow - when my mom turned 70 I thought she was almost a goner.
If you need a great travel agent  let me know - I got one!

No comments:

Post a Comment