Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Birthday to my First Baby!

I sent this picture to Chris today for his 38th birthday and he asked "Was I screaming or yawning?" I replied it might have been yawning after 4 hours of screaming - first night home from the hospital and we called after several hours to see what we should do with a crying baby! I'm sure the nurses had a good laugh over that.


I have spoken often of my best friend Jean Cater. We moved into our house in Burnsville in 1973 and they lived across the street - we were best friends until she died of cancer in 2001 in the hospital where I was working. She taught me to parent, cook, garden, have patience, laugh, and just relax! Her son Andy is on the right, Chris in the middle. He was born just a few hours before Chris at the same hospital. They had an 8 year old adopted son and never thought they would have their own - SURPRISE! I was 26 and she was 35 - I thought she was older than the hills to have a child. One year I made a birthday card for Andy and for at least 15 years after that the same card went back and forth and we added a page and a picture. I don't know where the card is now but I'm sure it is in a good place. We had the greatest life together. I miss her!

No comments:

Post a Comment