Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Good Friends, Birthdays, Top Five!

Quote: We have been friends together in sunshine and in shade. Caroline Sheridan Norton (1808-1877)

In 1987 at age 40 as a new college graduate I was lucky enough to get a great job that held me for many years - and made many good friends. We have been through a lot together and still get together and have a great time. Thanks, Janelle and Mike, for the wonderful dinner this weekend. Donna was my officemate for many years, neat as a pin in contrast to my "organized mess". What a great time it was for all those years. Janelle is my "baby" - young enough to be my daughter but what a great friend...and another perfectionist - makes me wonder about friendship attractions...maybe opposites? Photo: me, Donna and Janelle



So - Mrs. Perfect's husband Mike drops the beautiful dessert arrangement on the floor but guess what - it was still great! I would probably had said the "F" word but Janelle would be much more gracious.


Janelle and Mike - what a great guy to put up with all of us!


Jeff and Donna - Jeff is just a "little bit" younger than me and we seem to be soulmates for some reason. Might be a bit of the "60s generation"????? Quote: When you teach your son you teach your son's son. (The Talmud)

Our son Chris turns 38 on January 31 - can hardly believe it but then again I am very close to Medicare! The last pictures in this sequence are a couple I am sure attorney/son Chris would just as soon disappear. He dressed a part for a speech he was giving in speech class! I say it shows a LOT of confidence!

So - a full weekend. Talking about a son's son: Alex and Lucy spent the night on the weekend and Alex woke up at 6am to vomit, 7am vomit, 8am vomit, 10am vomit - then Chris and Amy picked him up - vomit all done! I am Googling "how to remove vomit and odor from carpet"!..Score - it worked. What a trooper he was while Lucy the Talking Head is saying "Alex fwowed up, Grammy".


In an editorial about a book "Top Five Regrets of the Dying" I thought these common themes were worth posting: "I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me - I wish I didn't work so hard - I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings - I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends - I wish that I had let myself be happier" .


Travel: Ready for Israel in about a week. Scored on great and inexpensive lodgings for a fall trip to France. In booking an apartment I had to tell one owner who will mail me a contract from France that I may be late returning it due to our trip - her response - "I trust you" and I "apologize for my English"...Cordialement, Chantal.

No comments:

Post a Comment