We had very good news once again today. There is always a sense of holding one's breath every 3 months when Amy has a followup brain MRI. MRI was yesterday, results today - and they were again good - no change seen! I feel like a boulder rolled off my shoulder - even though I told Amy yesterday it would be fine, I could feel it and moreover, I had just made reservations at a hotel in Paris and it was a sign! Yesterday they told her they were using a "T3 MRI machine" - newer and better. So even though the two of us did not discuss it immediately today we talked about how we both wondered WHY THIS MACHINE - with a little feeling of paranoia. Dr. T tells her it only depends on what machine is open:). A couple weeks ago Amy took this picture with Jane, her OT person at Sister Kenny and our good family buddy whom we stop and see every 3 months and she is always waiting to hear the news. Jane was widowed fairly young with 3 little boys to raise. She is another angel on earth and a big champion for Amy's recovery.
I can't help but listen to the news as Gabi Giffords resigns today about a year after the deadly shooting in Tucson - we were there just a few weeks after it happened and saw this memorial. I watch her progress and while I can't really know what it's like I have a better idea than most. I hope for a full recovery for Gabi.

Every now and then I look back at pictures from a year ago to whatever date it is. This is TWO years ago, inpatient at Sister Kenny, Amy can't walk, change Lucy's diaper, lift her left arm or pick up her kids. God does work miracles. Many of you have heard of the 16 year old local hockey player who will mostly likely never walk again - he just transferred to Sister Kenny and I'm hoping for good things for this young guy also.

This is by far the loveliest thank you note I have ever received - don't need to say another thing about it!
My friends tell me I should have been a travel agent! I tell them I would have ZERO tolerance for complaints or chronic whiners over travel problems.....so there you go. That's why Ross is a good "customer" for my travel planning - it's free and if I don't do it he will have to.
Only days now until we arrive in Tel Aviv - I'm ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment