Today my granddaughter Rooke in California turned 4 - she was born on my mom's birthday and my mom would have turned 85 today. Happy Birthday Rooke, Happy Birthday Mom - we are fortunate to have spent many years with my mom and last week with Rooke!
So - our annual tradition of family going to the Minnesota State Fair - love this photo that I took today - Amy's response: "This is exactly why I sometimes don't like the Fair" - goats and people on the same road. However, she is the first one to say that we must remember to schedule our visit to the Great Minnesota Get-Together!
So these may be a little out of order - but yes a food that was new to me in the Minnesota Wine Grower's area - Wine Ice Cream - must be 21 to enjoy!

Happy Hour at the Fair - who cares if it was about noon?

Chris and I always must visit the Horticulture building and speculate as to how we could start a vineyard. Discovered something new this year - for just $19 we could get 6 wine tastings stuck in holes in a cardboard cutout of the state of Minnesota - heck ya - we got to pick our 6 - one of mine was "Sipping Out of a Slipper" - think Cinderella. Well, it's not France it's Minnesota and darn it was fun.

Always must sit on the John Deere's - 3 generations - love the free Moose and Fish Hats!

One of the first stops after the Leiney beer, Fried Walleye basket - yummy sauce with maybe a bit of horseradish, next pork chop on a stick, fried cheese curds, Tom Thumb mini donuts, Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies, lemonade - hmmm - enough for the day and I may have forgotten something.

Looking forward to my 2nd visit to the state fair this week with a friend - this time I hope to see the Arts and Crafts, Baking and Canning exhibits - just can't get my family interested in this. I think this must be one of the most successful and popular State Fairs in the USA - it was packed!
No comments:
Post a Comment