Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Life on the Slow Boat!

Yes, Ross really did buy a car in Germany and the long slow saga came nearer to a close last night about 9:30pm when a HUGE multi-car transport truck pulled up at the end of our driveway and his car was backed off - the car that we picked up September 24 - exactly 2 months ago today. Welcome to snow, sleet and slick roads - small problem - no tabs, license plate or even temporary yellow deal to stick in the window - so what does Ross do but put a yellow paper of some kind that we got in Munich in the back window and off we go! I'm telling him it's not legal and he says: "They can put me in jail". For some reasons the plates that were to be mailed to us were never sent. I'm beginning to be skeptical of the German efficiency:) So as you can see his car and his brother's are in our garage and mine is sitting in the driveway collecting snow!
My personal German efficiency has me all prepared for 17 people tomorrow including 4 small children who I am sure will delight in tearing around my house as usual. I think I must be like my German grammy much more than my English grandmother in that it does not bother me much at all. I am just thankful they are close enough to be with us.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU AND A GREAT THANKS FOR JOINING ME IN ALL MY ADVENTURES NEAR AND FAR

No comments:

Post a Comment