Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Jump for Joy! Travel to Jump?

Funny things this week. Got these quotes in an email from a travel website:
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrowmindedness (Mark Twain)
The world is a book, those who do not travel, ready only a page (St. Augustine)
Thought they might sound snobby so I checked with Sara first and she said "No way". So I decided I should research St. Augustine's travels. Saint Augustine of Hippo 354-430, born in Africa, in 383 fathered a child by a mistress, liked loose living, drinking, parties etc. He converted to Christianity at age 31, was baptized in 387 after pleading with God to help him live a better life. Mother a Christian, father a pagan most of his life. He is the patron saint of brewers :) because of his former life. He has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a particular vice or habit they long to break. I encourage you to search the web for "Biography of Saint Augustine of Hippo"!
So why this, why today - this morning I opened an email which I initially thought was SPAM and one of those "Dear Friend - we have 12 billion $ for you" things - thought it through a while, read the email, a light came on and I opened these pictures. The message said: Dear jumper we met in Prague, It was a very great experience to meet you in Prague. Though it was very late, I hope you still enjoy the photos we took. Thanks again to jump with us. Have a good day!! the girl who jumps a lot in Paris, Yingyang. Sara and I went to a little art gallery just outside our apartment walls and while she was shopping these two Asian girls asked me to take a picture of them jumping - so I did - then they wanted me to jump - so I did! See what I mean about travel - opens doors and floors! However, also note that I did NOT set my purse on the ground.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. How cute! What random things happen sometimes. Love the pictures. They are fun!

    ReplyDelete