Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Give Thanks!

So - I'm trying to figure out how to get 16-17 people seated for Thanksgiving dinner at our house (4 of them children). A lot of us remember sitting at the "Kid's Table" - it made me feel a little odd when I was 14 and the littlest kid was 1 - I wanted out. However, for our table it will be 4 children 5 and under who sit at the kitchen table and we have done this before and it works pretty good.... "pretty good" are the operative words.
We have been blessed this year in spite of misfortune. We realize the value of family and friends in our support network and as Amy says: We could not have done it without you...you know who you are. Our custom at Thanksgiving is for each person to state something they are thankful for and Amy says this year if we did that everyone would be crying.....so we may put that custom on hold for a year and just be thankful for the day.
Picture below: Alex and Lucy spent the night here last night and this morning she wanted a "cheese" taken - that means a picture with my camera where she says cheese - she says all the time that she is beautiful. Her hair was so long that I couldn't stand it that she had to crane her neck to see so we got out the rubber band treatment - she still thought she was beautiful. Oh how I wish we could all feel that way about ourselves!
Anyway for all of you out there: I am thankful to those who read my blog and for those who don't. I am thankful that God has given us the strength and means to live through this year. I am thankful for my family far and near and I am just as thankful for my friends who have listened to me, read my blog and Caring Bridge and know what we have encountered.
God Bless You All!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment