This is the view from one side of our room - cowbell and all - biggest bull I ever saw and only a little barbed wire fence.
Front entrance of hotel - me after eating all this schnitzel, pretzels, wine and chocolate!!
Hotel in Murnau - so organized these Germans are - we have all our instructions for attending the Passion Play in Oberammergau tomorrow. Of course within 5 minutes I lost one of our shuttle bus tickets - must have been the sparkling wine in the lobby - they found it on the couch!
Passion play every 10 years since 1633 when the town promised to do this to save themselves from the plague, 30 years war, suffering, death and destruction - new emphasis in 2010 - focus on peace and justice for all - nice theme and of course as God wishes for all - we have a 12 hour day tomorrow but expect good food. Front of hotel:
View from our little balcony - how good can life be? Why does Germany get all the beauty? - that's what I said to myself today - sometimes I say it about Minnesota too - spur of the moment thoughts.
Thank you Sara for arranging this over a year ago - I made niece Sara call the Oberammergau tourist office and get instructions to book this without a big tour - wooohaw - worked! Right now to the heated floors in our bathroom. Thanks Sara also for the tip of the Bayern ticket where up to 5 can travel for 28Euros $35)- woohoo - saving us $$$. Oh and there is a "wellness center" here with a "doctor" on staff - massages, saunas, lotions, oils - not my thing but looks lovely.
More later.

Your blog and pictures bring back so many wonderful memories. Sounds like a fantastic trip so far. Hope you enjoy the Passion Play tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteBeth K
I have that Victorinox Swiss Army Card too and it has come in handy many times, especially the scissors.
ReplyDeleteBeth K