Happy 4th of July!
You may have noticed a new look to my blog - not sure I like it - looking for comments! I was also going to find a new quote but just can't find one that has ever fit me better:). Just a reminder you may comment at the bottom of the post and use "Anonymous" if you don't have an account.
Oh how great independence is! We have had a very nice week. Tuesday night Ross' group Bloomington Chorale sang at the Normandale Lake Bandshell about a mile from our house. It was a beautiful evening and good to hear patriotic songs and songs from musicals like "Oklahoma". Wednesday we walked to St. Michael's Lutheran Church - I had read about a concert called Organ for Eight a few weeks ago. Church was packed and it was wonderful to hear all the patriotic songs - started with the "Star Spangled Banner", "God Bless America" and of course as the night before "The Armed Forces Medley" - Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Army etc - they had members who had served stand up during each song - how can that not bring a tear to one's eye. Turns out the guest musician from Maryland is also a featured soloist annually in the Czech Republic for the "American Spring Festival" - it is such a small world.
Friday night off to Al Vento Restaurant where is used my Groupon certificate - what a deal this is. http://www.groupon.com/ and put in your zip code for daily deals. $25 for $60 worth of food.
We did have an overnight guest on July 3, Lucy the Talker/Singer! When she is not sleeping she is talking or singing. I have learned hundreds of uses for the word "kinda" - it's kinda hot, it's kinda cool, it's kinda hot, it kinda hurts, it's kinda silly, try it - you will like it just as well as my favorite phrase - "sounds good to me" - gets you out of a lot of situations. I was proud that she could sing Frere Jacques - the French nursery melody that I learned in the little one-room schoolhouse in Red Lake County, MN!!!!! She also did not share her strawberry/lemon slush in the 90 degree heat.
All decked out for the 4th of July right down to wearing Ross' mother's bracelets on her ankles and then dancing to her own tune.Friday night off to Al Vento Restaurant where is used my Groupon certificate - what a deal this is. http://www.groupon.com/ and put in your zip code for daily deals. $25 for $60 worth of food.
We did have an overnight guest on July 3, Lucy the Talker/Singer! When she is not sleeping she is talking or singing. I have learned hundreds of uses for the word "kinda" - it's kinda hot, it's kinda cool, it's kinda hot, it kinda hurts, it's kinda silly, try it - you will like it just as well as my favorite phrase - "sounds good to me" - gets you out of a lot of situations. I was proud that she could sing Frere Jacques - the French nursery melody that I learned in the little one-room schoolhouse in Red Lake County, MN!!!!! She also did not share her strawberry/lemon slush in the 90 degree heat.
So this does not sound like one of those horrible my-family-is-so-perfect Christmas letters, I also must report that I have not yet conquered my Ipod which I received as a Christmas gift!!! I thought about running it over with my car. Tried to download learning German and what I got was a German guy conducting a tour of Chile - in German - hmm - not going to Chile - didn't have a clue what he was saying. Back to square 1 and the 60 page manual I printed out which I have learned to hate. I can't murder the person who gave the dang thing to me because he lives here and I asked for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment