REMEMBER CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES: Considering it was the first time to return to my hometown since my Mom died and having to stay in the one motel in town - had a wonderful time seeing old friends. It was also so wonderful to continue the accolades to my dear Mom - it seems everyone in town and many surrounding towns just loved her and misses her laugh and silliness. Strangers came up to me to tell me something saying "I saw you at your mom's funeral and didn't get a chance to speak with you". First off - me, my friend Theresa from Texas, Beth from Bemidji and Phyllis from RLF - the latter two have both had books published so they had a table set up right here outside the school gymnasium. Theresa and me - wow - what a history - moved to Los Angeles together in 1968 by way of Washington DC, New Orleans and Houston - long story but lots of fun.


Above - Judy and Theresa laughing it up - there was a lot of that this weekend. The old stories never cease to amuse us. Below at the Walleye Fry at the American Legion - it was packed and we ended up standing on the street with our drinks wondering if the cops would throw us in jail.Next - couldn't resist the attempt at beautification - gives a new name to reuse, recycle - love it - this is kiddycorner from my mom's house.
Below: Peggy from Mora - we all know she is the kindest of us and the least likely to gossip and point fingers - still the same! As you can see I am enjoying cherry pie and ice cream which Ross bought for me at "The Tent" to help St. John's Lutheran Church - and me!
Without a formal schedule or agenda - how does one pull this off? Remember in a town of 1500 or so with no stoplight we met at the school, "The Tent", The Spot (the northside beer joint where at least 15-20 of us congregated midafternoon - lots of soda - not much booze! We did manage a bit later to gather in front of The Library for a group picture - a few people missing - hmm - still at the Spot????? The people I see most often are all bunched together and notice I did label everyone - Beth, me, Mary, Theresa, Peggy and Judy aka "The RLF Girls" - we think that we have barely changed - at least not in personality....behavior, most definitely and thank goodness! We try to get together once a year.
NOT CLASSMATES: The dear sweet husbands of me, Beth and Peggy managed to entertain themselves wherever we ended up and without a second of interference - I developed slight laryngitis and it's no wonder. Hard to think it is possible to talk almost constantly for 30 hours.
I can't tell you how much my friends mean to me. They are always there to listen.
Thanks for posting the photos, Dee. What an enjoyable time and how great to see EVERYONE again. It was also a treat to see the unexpected classmates!
ReplyDeleteWe stayed in RLF an extra night and I woke up on Monday morning with laryngitis. The up side: I enjoyed talking to each and every person. Thanks for the pictures, I miss all of you already.
ReplyDeletePeg
I loved seeing these. The one with you and Peggy is so good.
ReplyDeletemary