Is this Hollywood? or Minnesota Lottery winners? When Chris told us they wanted to get married right after he got out of law school - no job, bar exam pending - we wondered if this was a good idea and why not wait a few months. Reply: "Mom - we've already waited five years". They were 23 and 25 on this day and a good day it was!
Amy and I have had every day this week together and many discussions and tears of laughter/joy/mulling things over. Also this week I came across a couple interesting studies.
One a study of 54,000 Norwegians tracked for seven years found those with a great sense of humor found those in the top 25% were 35% more likely to be alive than those in the bottom quarter. In 2,015 of them who had a cancer diagnosis, a great sense of humor cut someone's chnces of death by 70%. Amy and I will continue to laugh at each other and will continue to not care when people stare! And the next time Alex says "Grammy, stop laughing - it's not funny" when he is trying to be serious and telling tall tales - I will tell him about this study:)
Next - I'm cleaning and pitching - old travel papers to start. Found something our Egyptian travel director gave us showing a Map of World Happiness - Check this out http://www.happyplanetindex.org/explore/global/life-sat.html - Love it! Check out the factors for your ancestors - I see the Swedes appear to be the happiest! Germans.....a bit dour and glum apparently - don't know where my laughter comes from being half German - the other half????
One a study of 54,000 Norwegians tracked for seven years found those with a great sense of humor found those in the top 25% were 35% more likely to be alive than those in the bottom quarter. In 2,015 of them who had a cancer diagnosis, a great sense of humor cut someone's chnces of death by 70%. Amy and I will continue to laugh at each other and will continue to not care when people stare! And the next time Alex says "Grammy, stop laughing - it's not funny" when he is trying to be serious and telling tall tales - I will tell him about this study:)
Next - I'm cleaning and pitching - old travel papers to start. Found something our Egyptian travel director gave us showing a Map of World Happiness - Check this out http://www.happyplanetindex.org/explore/global/life-sat.html - Love it! Check out the factors for your ancestors - I see the Swedes appear to be the happiest! Germans.....a bit dour and glum apparently - don't know where my laughter comes from being half German - the other half????


Love the picture! Such a cute couple:)
ReplyDelete