- Amy has finished 6 of 28 days of radiation - so far not bad. Takes less than 10 minutes so today off we headed to lunch with Katie and Greta and then to Edina Art Fair. She has figured out the strategy to outwit the chemo drugs most of the time. Strategy today was for us to share a hot fudge malt at the Malt Shop. We all continue to enjoy the Mondays and Wednesday at Sister Kenny - what a lovely group of patients, families and caregivers.
- I got a new bathing suit! Ugh - mine was about 20 years old and bound to disintegrate soon.
- I got a labelmaker as good as Amy's - I made a label "Ross" in case he forgets who he is - I'm going to label everything in our house - even if it isn't in an organized place. Thinking about doing it in another language - maybe Polish...teehee.
- Facebook - I've been in for a while - I check on others but am a little paranoid about revealing myself - I have 32 friends - I hear that the max Facebook allows is 5,000 - tell me now how many friends can one maintain!
- Looking forward to Jenny, Shannon and Rooke visiting in July or August, Molly, Josh and Lily a couple times in the next 2 weeks, Ross' class reunion next week, a Father's Day brunch at our house and anything else we can pack in!
- Flowers: Ohhhhh, what therapy they are...love dirt under my fingernails and gnat bites on my neck. Below are the daily hibiscus flowers - they only last about a day.
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. —MELODY BEATTIE
Friday, June 4, 2010
Good Days!
Updates - I feel like I need bullet points so here they are:
I got such a cute little painted pot for Grammy for Mother's Day that it was crying out for parsley - I do not think that Lucy and Alex would agree with me but I will try to get them to taste it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment