Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another Miracle!

Another Amy update!
Ross and I took Amy to CIMT (left side intensive therapy), walked to the brain radiation treatment center, drove to appt with Dr. Marian Rubenfeld, MD, PhD, Neuroopthalmologist - wow - a miracle. What Amy started with after brain tumor removal was homonymous hemianopsia http://www.hemianopsia.net/ Check it out! - Dr. R says it is a miracle but Amy has achieved full recovery. How well I recall her not seeing us if we stood too far to the side and staff telling her she needs to turn her head to see to the side! Even the doc says it is a miracle - so what happened as Ross and I were squeezed in this little room with this wonderful doctor - Amy started bawling her head off, hence "Tearful Joys/Joyful Tears" and what did Dr. R say but "I think I might cry too" - she was so happy to deliver the news. Best: SHE IS READY TO DRIVE A CAR! Off we go to my car with our usual tote bags, Amy calls Chris and again the overflow - Chris worried that surely she must be blind - then as she tells him she was crying with joy he started laughing - imagine the scene as we entered crowded 35W to head home from downtown....3 adults in a RAV4, 2 car seats and 3 tote bags...what a scene! Me asking if I should talk to Chris and Amy sternly saying "No, you are driving".
Another sign that God is on our side and over-the-hill has new meaning. Dr. R attributes much of this to the careful surgery of the neurosurgeon Dr. N!!!!! What a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment